Last night we had our first BBQ of the year celebrating our friend’s birthday, and as luck would have it the sun put in an appearance!
Feeling a little ropey today J decided to whizz us up a quick, delicious and healthy lunch to get us back on track (off the sofa):
Salmon on a bed of new potatoes with wilted spinach
- Ahead of time marinate the salmon fillets in olive oil and sea salt. (One fillet per person)
- Boil some quartered baby new potatoes skin on. When cooked drain and add to a mixing bowl with butter and sea salt.
- Lightly crush the new potatoes.
- Steam the spinach.
- Heat a frying pan and place the salmon in skin down.
- Leave the salmon until skin is crispy, reduce the heat.
- Turn the salmon and add a little butter, cooking for approx ten secs on each side.
- Leave the salmon skin side up so as to keep crispy.
- Add a little lemon and sea salt.