We have been snowed under (excuse the April weather related pun) recently…. J has been performing in Daisy Pulls It Off at Upstairs at the Gatehouse and I have been off skiing with my family – a post will follow shortly.
Due to the arctic conditions I thought I’d pass on a little recipe to you, for one of those nights where you fancy something yummy but cannot be bothered to spend any time making it! – my friend Lily who has just started a blog, passed on this little delight when we were working together, so all the credit goes to
her her mum…
Puff Pastry Delights
You will need:
Ready made puff pastry
Any base you fancy – pesto, tomato etc
Any topping you fancy – tomatoes, beetroot, broccolli, courgettes, beetroot etc
This is a great way of getting rid of odds and ends in the fridge and you can seriously put ANYTHING on it.
- Roll out the pastry, cut to whatever size/shape you’d like and pinch in the sides.
- Smear a base such as pesto over the pastry.
- Add onions and any veg you fancy.
- Finish with cheese sliced/sprikled/slathered over the top.
- Pop in the oven for 20-30 mins….until the pastry has risen and is golden and the veg is cooked.
Voila it looks like you’ve been busy buying at the deli or slaving over a hot stove…who would believe it actually took you no time or energy at all!